Isnin, 25 Mei 2009
Ngeh : BN's DVD on 7 May, A Biased Reporting
MEDIA STATEMENT BY DATO' NGEH KOO HAM
Response by Dato’ Ngeh Koo Ham, DAP Perak Chairman to the DVD produced by BN/MCA with regard to the incident on 7-5-2009 at the Perak State Legislative Assembly, at DAP Perak Headquaters, on 21st May 2009:
The BN/MCA have announced that they are producing 50,000 DVD for distribution with regard to 7/5/2009 incident at the Perak State Legislative Assembly.
I have viewed the DVD and it is clearly a biased reporting. The people must not be hood- winked by BN’s lies. Truth fears no counter explanation but BN fears PR’s reply. When PR showed the recording of the 7/5/2009 incident at a DAP dinner in Sitiawan on 9/5/2009 (Saturday) it was abrupted stopped by the police but MCA was free to show its distorted version of the incident at the MCA dinner on 17/5/2009 (Sunday) in Ipoh. When YB Ong Boon Piaw, the DAP State Assemblyman for Tebing Tinggi produced DVD on the 3/3/2009 Perak State Assembly sitting under the rain tree he was arrested by the police but when BN/MCA produce 50,000 DVD distorted version of the incident on 7/5/2009, they are free to do so. Is there any more law in this land? Why the double standard? The police and the Minister of Home Affairs, Datuk Seri Hishamuddin Bin Tun Hussein Onn are clearly pratising double standards. BN has to practice double standard to prevent the people from learning the truth.
The BN/MCA DVD refuses to explained the following:-
1. That the whole fracas on 7/5/2009 was due to the refusal by BN elected representatives and the 3 ‘frog’ elected representative to obey the instructions of V. Sivakumar the legitimate Speaker of the Perak State Assembly.
2. That Dato’ Zambry Bin Abdul Kadir and his 6 BN ‘exco’ members and the 3 frogs Assemblymen and woman had earlier been suspended.
3. That the motion to remove the speaker proposed by suspended members are invalid and have been rejected.
4. That it was the BN trying to conduct an illegal sub-Assembly involving only BN elected representatives in the State Assembly which prompted the response from the Pakatan Rakyat elected representatives to stop them from doing so after BN elected representatives failed the heed the repeated directives and warnings from the speaker not to conduct the illegal sub-Assembly within the State Assembly.
5. That Hee Yit Fong, the Assembly woman for Jelapang cannot chair a sub- Assembly when the Assembly was chaired by the Speaker, V. Sivakumar. Moreover, she is no longer an assembly woman as she has resigned.
6. That the State Assembly had never commence sitting at any point of time. Illegally and forcibly removing V. Sivakumar to install Dato’ R. Ganesan as speaker can never be legal.
7. That even if the State Assembly had commenced when the Regent of Perak gave his opening speech (which is denied as the lawful Speaker, V. Sivakumar had been unlawfully and forcibly evicted from the Assembly) no business was transacted after the opening speech as it was immediately adjourned.
8. It was not true that His Royal Highness the Regent of Perak reprimanded Dato’ Seri Nizar Bin Jamaluddin and myself. His Royal Highness called us up to the stage after Dato’ Seri Nizar Bin Jamaluddin complained to him the Speaker V. Sivakumar was forcibly evicted from the Assembly. His Royal Highness the Regent informed us that he does not want to get involved in this (politics) and asked that he be allowed to read out his speech and hope that we will respect that which we agreed as our opponent is the BN and not the palace.
9. The purported appointment of Dato’ R. Ganesan as speaker was invalid for the following reasons:-
(i) The State Assembly has never commenced.
(ii) The Sub-Assembly chaired by Hee Yit Foong was invalid.
(iii) His election was done at the Sub-Assembly conducted by BN and not at the Assembly chaired by Speaker, V. Sivakumar.
(iv) The election of Dato’ R. Genesan was done prior to the opening speech of the Regent of Perak.
10. It does not include the video footage of the speaker, V. Sivakuma being illegally and forcibly evicted from the state assembly.
I believe the people will be able to see the truth and not be deceived by BN/MCA.