Sabtu, 12 Julai 2014

Challenge to Dr. Dominic Lau to a public debate on Sunday, 13th of July, about whether incinerators are suitable for Malaysia

Media Statement by Dr. Ong Kian Ming, MP for Serdang, on the 9th of July


It was reported yesterday that Gerakan Vice President, Dr. Dominic Lau, accused me of lying about being part of an official delegation, headed by Director of the National Waste Management Corporation (JPSPN), Dato Dr. Nadzri Yahaya, to Japan, which took place from June 21st to June 24th, 2014.[1] I did not say that I was part of the official delegation. It was most probably an error on the part of the journalist who covered a press conference organized by the NGO, Kuala Lumpur Taknak Incinerator (KTI), on Sunday, 6th of July, 2014

However, I did visit Japan after the end of the trip by the official delegation, at my own expense, to conduct my own research into the pros and cons of incinerators in Japan which included visiting 2 incinerators as well as visiting NGOs and academics who are advocating for alternatives to incinerators. Unlike the official delegation, I wanted to hear both sides of the story and not be brainwashed by pro-incinerator propaganda.

I will be sharing my views, based on information gathered from my Japan trip, at a public forum organized by KTI that will take place at 10am on Sunday, 13th of July, at the following venue:

Dewan Taman Mastaira, Jalan 6/18D, Taman Mastiara, 51200 Kuala Lumpur (Person in charge is Ms Lee 0169562286 from KTI)

I challenge Dominic Lau to share his views and findings from his trip to Japan at this forum and for him to publicly state his position on whether incinerators are suitable to be constructed and operated in Malaysia at this time, including the proposed incinerator at Taman Beringin, Kepong.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan